Saturday, March 7, 2015

March 6, 2015 Traveling With The Girls

Sitting in my hotel room, TV on, visiting with my room mate and just kind of chilling.......

We found out that our favorite band (Set It Off) will be here in Salt Lake City on Sunday.  We leave Saturday after we perform.  If I wasn't performing in Boise on Sunday and Naomi didn't have school on Monday, I totally would have found a way to stay for the concert!  *sob*

The road trip here was quick and uneventful and quick.  I spent the entire time visiting with Dawn, who was driving.  And I inadvertently made Omi cry.  I didn't know she was awake (she had been sleeping) and I was talking about Nick.  I had no idea that what I was talking about was also Naomi's last conversation with her brother.    *sigh*  Chalk one up for being a bad mom.  That is one reason we went on this trip, so she could have a break.  Gratefully, Dawn quickly changed the subject, and I distracted Omi with food (another great parent strategy!) It worked though.

We have had fun going to dinner and shopping with the sisters.  Omi just got back from the pool. I was going to go to the hot tub until I realized the chlorine will not be great for my freshly colored hair.  *sigh*  Its probably best cause Omi came back telling me that there were a whole slew of loud children at the pool.  What is it about Utah hotels? Oh ya...... never mind.

We did go to Deseret Industries to do some thrift store shopping to see if we could find some pretty sparkly things to turn into belly dance costumes.  I found a $2 gold panel skirt.  It needs some TLC, but for $2 if it fails and doesn't work, it's no biggie.

I really don't like traveling without my family.  I am terrified that something will happen to one of us and we wont' be together.  Hugging each other and telling each other that we love each other is so important now.  I didn't get to hug Suzy and tell her goodbye today and that bothered me.    You just never know what will happen and it so important to tell each other goodbye and I love you.  I hate being way from my family.  But I also can't live in fear the rest of my life.  And I can't keep all of my family under one roof for the rest of my life either.  *sigh*  I can't keep everyone safe.  I just can't.  I spent my entire mom life not being the helicopter mom, and now I feel like something much worse... all in an effort to make sure my family is safe an we don't have to go through this loss again.

Ah well.  Right now every one is safe and happy and I'm grateful.  Tomorrow we dance and I can't wait to see all the beautiful women dressed up in their finest belly dance wear and watch them celebrate their femininity in dance.  I love my belly dance community and I can't wait to get a first hand look at the Salt Lake City community.




No comments:

Post a Comment