Wednesday, March 25, 2015

March 25, 2015 Joy Rebirthed

When Nick found out that I was doing burlesque, he asked me to perform to Michael Buble's "Feeling Good".  I said "no".  It was too over done and too cliche.

Then I had an idea (separate from Nick's) about dong a roller skating performance with Isis wings, but realized that the carpet on the stage would not work for that.  Then I had ANOTHER idea for Isis wings, and it became a tribute piece for Nick.  It was done in his honor.  It was done to Muses's "Feeling Good".  The music was edgier, just like Nick.  The story line starts in Grief and ends in Joy being Rebirthed.

Normally, I do not post the video of my performances for the public to see.  But because this one was done in Nick's honor, it deserves to be posted on this blog.

For all of the mom's out there who have lost their children, we all have a journey to take which starts the day our child dies.  I know many of you have found some way to cherish and honor your child beyond their passing.   Some moms choose writing books. Some moms choose to create non profit organizations to promote whatever took their child's life.  Some moms take to the government to create new laws.  Some moms focus on their art or even their child's art.  Some moms blog.  Some moms dance.  Some turn to their religious beliefs.  We all find some ways to honor that child whom we carried in our womb for 9 months.. who was so much a part of our body....so much a part of who we are.  And for me.... I not only gave birth to Nick physically, but his birth created a chain of "births" in my life...and even in his death, he continues to create new "births" or "creations", and this dance is just one of them.


***Big thanks goes out to my friend Joey for capturing the video and editing it and making it glorious and to Frankly Burlesque for letting me perform!

No comments:

Post a Comment