Tuesday, January 20, 2015

January 20, 2015 Feeling a Little Overwhelmed

I have no idea what happened in my sleep last night, but I do know that I woke up feeling very cranky and overwhelmed by life and feeling very sad.   Not the best way to start my day....

No matter how sad I might feel, though, I do find pleasure in goofing off in my kitchen.  I had a recipe for Coconut Jerk Chicken.  The recipe does not call for it to be made in a crock pot, and it certainly didn't call for celery or apples or sweet potatoes.  But all of that happened!  I added more curry and more jerk spice than required.  But in the end, it was very yummy served over brown rice.  Kinda like a spicy chicken stew.

The whole Obama visit is really cool, but I have to say that I wish he was coming on a different week, and the idea is stressing me out.  We stood in line for 4 hours yesterday just to get tickets.  It's general admission with thousands of people showing up.  Doors open at noon with a 2:45 speech time (supposedly).  The parking says there is VERY LIMITED and they are encouraging people to park in the garages downtown.  It's going to be cold.  The rules say take very limited personal belongings for security reasons.  So if you are parking downtown, it will not be easy to take chairs to the site to sit while you wait for hours to get a good spot.  It will be cold and they say to dress for the weather, but you can't take bags and you will be crammed into a smallish venue.   And to add to stressful, painful matters, the info I read today said it is a "standing" venue.  So we will be standing for hours out in the cold just to stand for 2 more hours inside with a couple thousand of our closest friends.  I don't want to sound ungrateful for such an amazing opportunity, but truthfully it sounds painful.  My back is already cranky from yesterday.

This week is a week of appointments, line standing, and rush rush rush.  I really miss have 2 cars available to us.  I really wish life was a bit easier at the moment.  Basically I just keep praying for a positive break.

Everything just feels overwhelming right now.... not enough time in my week....too many things to think about... too many things to settle.  I really do long for simpler days. When is life going to feel more like normal than rush rush rush all the time?

I actually think PMS may be taking over my body at the moment which is making everything seem so big right now.

With all of that said, there were some cool things about today.

1)  Omi leaving a sweet note for Suzy on the bathroom mirror this morning.
2)  Suzy replying with a sweet message for Omi on the mirror.
3)  Fun new choreo at belly dance today.
4)  Omi meeting Anne (Frankly Frankie) and Micah.  Omi will be babysitting this weekend for Anne.


No comments:

Post a Comment