Friday, February 6, 2015

February 5, 2015 Getting Happy With The Blues!

Another blog that is a day late because life is just too much fun.

Yesterday did not start out so great. Naomi has been having a very rough week.  Tracy was having a rough week.  And I just felt like the family has been struggling this week.

I made the executive decision that the family needed some light hearted laughing and good times. I bought tickets to the Matt Costa and G. Love concert.  Nate and Omi LOVE Matt Costa and they have never seen him.  And G. Love is one of my absolute favorite artists.  It sounded like a no-brainer to me.....

Tickets purchased and plans made, we all headed there.  We got there so early we managed to get a table right on the rail for Tracy to sit and see the show without having to stand all the time.  And we also found space right up on the stage for those of us who wanted to be 5 feet from our favorite musicians!



Nate and Omi were up at the stage with me.  Suzy and Tracy sat at the Table.  Matt Costa was amazing.  But the smiles on my children's faces were even more amazing.




The intermission came and I decided to stay right where I was for G. Love.  I was so close he could sweat on me!   Yes I am that gaga over the man!  G. Love came on stage and I swear I about died.  I don't think I have ever screamed so loud at a concert!  I love that man!  Blues/folk/pop.  3 piece band.  The base violin, the drums and G. Love on the guitars and harmonica!  I could not stop smiling.  I was so blissed out that the girls next to me noticed it and made a comment.  *laugh*  Then I got a great surprise.  Suzy came to join me. We spent the last half of G. Love's show dancing and fan-girling. Suzy had never heard of him or Matt until right before I bought tickets.  Now she was full fledged fan-girling.  G. Love squeezed her hand twice (and mine once).  I swear we about passed out.  *laugh*






By the end of the night, everyone was smiling and laughing and telling me it was exactly what they needed.  (Except Tracy.....he was still having a rough time.)


No comments:

Post a Comment