Saturday, February 21, 2015

February 20, 2015 You Can Run But You Can't Hide

Yesterday, Tracy and I got to  "run away" for a little bit.  We had  spa day filled with Massages and Pedicures scheduled.  We had a hotel for the night. And just time to be together.  We were really looking forward to it.

The massage was amazing.  I found myself sore in places that I am NEVER sore in, yet I expected some of them to be sore.  Like the muscles around my heart chakra.  They were crazy tense; which was to be expected.  The muscles at my atlas (the part where the head and neck meet) were crazy sore which have NEVER been sore before.  And my hands were very sore for no explained reason.  I also realized I had no neck. I have been wearing my shoulders for ear rings, apparently.  Metaphysically, I understand why some of these things were sore.  My heart is broken.  I am having a hard time keeping my head screwed on straight.  And a hard time keeping  a grip of my emotions.  All of which would explain the soreness in places where I am never sore.   I just kept on breathing and trying to release as she worked.  (Not sure it worked..but hey..I tried.)

The pedicure was an experience.  Tracy has never had a pedicure before.  And I did not realize how LONG we would be getting this pedicure.  The massage was 50 minutes.  (After the fact, I looked at how long and what our pedicure was supposed to be and found out it was 80 freakin' minutes long!)  So ya, the Pedicure was very long and in not so comfortable seating for someone with back problems. Tracy's back was not very happy; however our feet were all kinds of soft by the time they were done.  It was Tracy's first experience at real "hen talk".  Poor guy. I saw him laughing with all the women and kind of rolling his eyes. But the kicker came when he was asked, "So do you have just the daughter at home or do you have more kids?"  Generally this is safe idle chit chat and expected at the "hen house". But Tracy was sorely unprepared for this question.  He answered as best he could, then grabbed my hand and squeezed tight.  *sigh*    (This is one of the reasons it has taken us so long to use these gift certificates....I knew getting massages and pedicures would be a place where these memories would be brought to our attention.)  Anyway, we made it through it and I think we came out a bit more relaxed and feeling pampered.

Then it was off to our hotel.  It's my favorite place to stay. It's a two story suite with a huge jetted 3 person hot tub up stairs.  The shower is a huge 2 person shower with 2 shower heads.  The bed is amazing.  Everything is spectacular. The hotel itself is very clean and nice.  We had 2 amazing soaks in that tub yesterday.  Yay!!!  When we first got there and took a  nap I kinda felt like we were in Vegas for some reason. *laugh* I miss Vegas.

Eventually Tracy brought up the conversation at the spa.  I had been good at not bringing up Nick and I wasn't going to bring him up unless Tracy did...and he did. We talked about the conversation...and things seemed to be okay.  We got up and went to dinner at our favorite Thai place and then went to see 50 Shades of Grey.  Ya.....not sure I am a fan of the movie.  But not for the reasons most people talk about.  I have mixed feelings about the movie, but then again, I had mixed feelings about the books, too.  Anyway.....over all, we had a great day together.  For the most part, it was just the 2 of us in our thoughts and actions.  It was nice to be "just us" for a little while anyway.

But by the time we woke up this morning.. I realized... "You can run, but you can't hide......"  To be continued.........


No comments:

Post a Comment