Wednesday, February 25, 2015

February 24, 2015 Ohhhh My Aching Back!!!!!!

Who's bright idea was it to run on Monday?  Cause let me tell you, the back pain on Tuesday is just about unbearable.  Ain't nobody got time for that!!!  So I popped some Advil and kept on moving in hopes that my back would loosen up with movement.

I didn't really work.  By the time, I was done rehearsing my burlesque performance and going to belly dance class tonight, my back was D.O.N.E.! Ya. I don't think I will be running again anytime soon.  Remember how happy I was on Monday after I ran?  Now think about the total opposite on Tuesday when I, once again, realize that running is not my friend.

Moving on.....

So I have been working on my burlesque routine and my costuming.  This particular routine is a huge labor of love on so many levels.  It was once birthed with a completely different idea in mind.  It has taken on a few different story lines since the beginning.  And with that, a few different costume changes.  The idea for today was that I would complete the second half of the performance choreography.  The first half was easy.  But the second half needed some work. The whole free flowing thing just isn't working for me.  I finally got the second half down.  I even wrote it down.  Feeling good about the second half, I still felt like something was missing in the story.  Something wasn't popping. Something wasn't dramatic enough.  Then all of a sudden, I realized what needed to happen.  The beginning of the choreo needed to be rewritten. OMG. Seriously?  Does this process ever end?

A brain child was born. It said, "Start the choreo on the ground!"  That brain child is smart, but it also didn't take into consideration that "Grace" is NOT my middle name.. or my first or my last!  As a matter of fact, that name was held up beside me and the dance gods laughed and threw that name tag in an iron box and buried it deep in the heart of hell so it would never been seen beside me ever again!  Then I had another thought:  floor work at Pengilly's Saloon is not the best idea. Yes, there is a stage, but it is low and people won't see it.  I am going to work with this idea some more.  I'm not fully convinced.  And if I do become fully convinced that floor work needs to happen, the audience is just going to have to deal with it, I guess.    At least with this new idea, costuming became much simpler!

After rehearsing the burlesque performance for a couple of hours, it was time to shower and give my aching back (now that the Advil has worn off) a rest and take more Advil to make it through belly dance rehearsal.  Whew!  Why did I think I could run yesterday???

Tonight, we needed to be in belly dance performance clothing for an audition for a possible performance this June.  I realized something.  I knew I had gained entirely too much weight, but man, my belly dance costumes are not fitting me. This is very, very sad!!!!  Especially when it comes to having to buy new stuff. It's not cheap. And the truly great stuff does not come in my size which means I need to get sewing. *sigh*  I found an outfit, and off to class we went.

It was fun to dance with all of my sisters. We are separated into several different weekday classes and I miss dancing with the entire studio.  It was fun to see everyone dressed up!  We laughed, we talked and it was mayhem for a bit.  But it was fun. And the ending to our new group dance for the season is PRICELESS!!!! I love it so much!  I can't wait to see a group shot of this ending!  

The audition went well. If nothing else, we got to get dressed up and dance with our sisters.

My brain is still stuck on costuming.  We are travelling to Salt Lake City on March 6 to perform on March 7. We are suppose to wear blues, purples, or neutrals.  This is posing a problem for me.  My purple skirt is too small.  And I don't have a solid color top that is blue or purple.  My blue skirt fits beautifully, but I only have a red top to match it.  I have a black top, but I hate wearing all black on top. It washes me out.  It's just too harsh.  I have black, gold and red harem pants. I guess I can wear black under my skirt, but only if I am wearing black on top.  I have a purple hip scarf that I can wear to bring in the purple. Ugggg...  I have no time to buy anything new and get it here in time for dress rehearsal on Saturday. And nothing in the loaner pile at the studio fits me (I tried it all on while at class). I'm so freaking frustrated.  Not sure what I am going to do. Have to think creatively. I'll get it figured out eventually.

After belly dance, we rushed back home to make dinner.  I finally got around to opening up one of the bottles of wine I brought back from Florida. Blueberry Wine. I covered some fresh blueberries in the wine before I left for belly dance. When we got home, we made blueberry pancakes with the berries that had been marinating. We used the wine from the marinade and some water to make the batter.  It was very yummy.  This was an idea I got from Chelsea.  I miss that girl!

Anyway...today has been a bitter sweet day with some frustration...and tomorrow I have stuff to get done. A notary is coming to the house for me to finish on my mom's house stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment