Sunday, February 1, 2015

February 1, 2015 Super Bowl Sunday!!!!!!

Okay.. really nothing all that impressive to talk about today. It's been kind of a normal day.

I had horrible night mares last night.  Like I woke up from my dream thinking I was screaming out loud.  Tracy was awake (for whatever reason) and I asked if I had been screaming out loud, he said not.  But my throat sure felt like it.  My  nightmare had nothing to do with Nick, and at least I don't think it did.  I do remember people trying to kill my family and me begging them not to.

I slept in till like 11pm today.  The day was filled with errands, grocery shopping and picking up Kasey and making dinner and now... watching the Super Bowl.  Probably the most normal thing we can do.  We never watch football, but we always watch the super bowl.  And Suzy is down with us watching it. Burgers, beer and potato chips for dinner and football on the screen.  Nothing out of the ordinary and it feels pretty good.

The only thing notable about today is that we have the date and time set for the family sweat lodge. It's not a memorial per say, but it is a lodge specifically to help with the mourning.  I have never done a lodge like this so I am not sure what exactly to expect.  But it will be good for the family.  It was something that Suzy always wanted to do with Nick and Nate and Omi are game.  I think it will be a great thing for us as a family.   That will be on February 18th.

The interesting thing about this sweat lodge...  Wytomi (who is leading it) is the one who used to lead the lodges that Nick used to do with his boys group when he was a teenager.  Christina (his  partner) lost her husband at the age of 25 as well.  This lodge was Christina's idea.  This lodge is full circle....

I am hoping that tomorrow i will be able to get some more reading done while I am getting some laundry done.  We also need to find good flight deals for our trip to Florida for Nick's graduation in May....


No comments:

Post a Comment