Wednesday, February 11, 2015

February 11, 2015 Bright Sunshiny Day

Today started out with Omi coming down the stairs saying, "Mom!!!  It's going to be sunny this weekend!!!"  Which in translation means she is excited enough about her 1/2 marathon this Saturday that she has been checking the weather.  This made me smile.  I am so excited for her to experience this race and the continued growth it will bring her!

I really wanted to go on a bike ride on the greenbelt today.  But I didn't want to go alone.  I really wanted to take Nate and Suzy with me to stop for beers.  But Nate didn't want to go. It ended up being just me and Suzy.  It was such a beautiful day on the greenbelt.  Poor girl's mountain bike couldn't keep up with my street bike.  I felt for her.  But that was okay. I really didn't mind going slow.  I don't need to tire my legs out before a race on Saturday.    So it was the perfect pace.  The food and drink at Lucky 13 were amazing.  We laughed today. And we even cried today.  We spent time talking about the memorial plaque for FIT, the insurance settlement they are still negotiating and plans for Nick's graduation weekend in May.  It's like we are holding our breath till these things are done.....    But after lunch, we were back on the bikes and back to laughing and enjoying the beautiful day talking about hiking and more cycling.



I am also very excited that we have decided that Omi and I are definitely going to Salt Lake City with the belly dance sisters on March 6th and 7th. We will be performing on the 7th.  I can not wait!!!!  Omi is ecstatic!  This will be a great time for the 2 of us just to hang with our sisters and have a girlie weekend :).

It was also decided today that Tracy and I will use our "Romantic Interlude" gift certificate we got for Christmas on the 20th of this month... couples massage and pedicures!  And we will be getting a nice hotel room with an amazing hot tub in our room.  Time for just the 2 of us to chill.  It will be nice.

And I also got a very special package today.  New amazing trail running shoes. One of my friends is an ambassador for Topo Athletic.  She suggested a pair of amazing shoes for me.  She knows how difficult it is for me to find shoes, and WHAM!  These things fit me perfectly!  I can not wait to hit the trails with them!!

So ya.. it's been a great day! If I have one complaint it's that people who mean well, should really keep their "mean well" to themselves.  I'm not sure why some Christians feel it is necessary to tell you that if you are feeling emotionally down that you would feel better if you had a relationship with Jesus.  *sigh*  How does THAT make anyone feel any better? It doesn't.  If everyone knows you are Christian, then if they have a question about becoming Christian, they will come to you and ask. You do not need to tell them (when they are feeling badly) that if you were a Christian you would feel better.  It doesn't work that way!!!!!!  It just doesn't!   It may for some people.  I know several people who are Christian and truly believe that their relationship with Jesus is what gets them by in very hard times.  I, myself, am a firm believer in prayer.  Do I pray to Jesus? No, I do not. But I do find peace in my prayers.  I believe there is peace in ANY religious faith if you believe in it.  But it is not my place to tell someone, "Well, if you would just believe the way I do, your worries would be gone or you won't feel lonely."  And it's unproductive to tell someone who is hurting and voicing their hurt and asking for support to tell them.. "Well if you only believed in Jesus......"

Here's the thing.  I believed in Jesus for over half of my life.  I called myself a Christian for over half of my life.  And there were PLENTY of times when I felt lonely. There are PLENTY of times that Jesus didn't come rescue me from horrible abuse. There are PLENTY of times that my relationship with Jesus did not save me from trying to kill myself.    And don't dare tell me.. "Well you just didn't listen to him."  or "Well, you just weren't Christian enough."  That is bullshit!

Bottom line, If you see someone hurting and you know they are not Christian.... Better yet, if you see someone hurting and you know they do NOT want you talking to them about your Christian faith, then either walk away or say something like, "I will keep you in my thoughts.  I love you."  You can even say, "I will keep you in my prayers." (yes, that is acceptable)  THAT is how you help someone.  It's also the way to salvage your relationship with the person who does not share your faith.

*sigh*  Once again, Ladies and Gentlemen, have I mentioned I have an anger management issue???

No comments:

Post a Comment