Thursday, February 19, 2015

February 19, 2015 Sewing My Day Away

Today was pretty uneventful.  I had a project I needed to finish... more specifically a dance bra.  I need it done for my burlesque performance in 2 weeks.  I started on this bra back in the fall right before Nick died.  The plan was for me to wear it to the Festival of Trees belly dance performance.  With Nick's death, that obviously didn't happen.

That last thought just hit home.  I have  been very uninspired by this bra recently.  It has been a huge chore for me to get in there and finish it.  I have been dragging my feet.  I couldn't figure out why, but typing that sentence it hit me.  Is it possible that this bra that I was so freakin' excited about back in fall has now been attached to the timing of my son's death and that has taken the excitement right out of it?  Is that even possible?    God I hope not!  I hope it's just that the creation of this bra has not been as easy as I thought it was going to be.

I worked on it all day today.  And when all was said and done, it's not finished. I need to un-sew the back strap cover up and cut it off and finish off the sides where I will be cutting.  I'm not sure that I am happy that my back bra strap will go uncovered.  I may look into adding some kind of something to the back, but its going to have to wait till Sunday after Tracy and I come back from our get-a-way over-nighter.  Maybe after some happy happy time, I will be able to look at the bra with fresh eyes.

I also got a glorious guilty pleasure nap in today.  I took Naomi to therapy today.  Usually, I just hang out in my car and read or do something on facebook.  Today, I opened up the sun roof, laid my chair back and took a luscious nap in the beautiful sunshine!

Life is good, and I'm looking very forward to my special time with Tracy tomorrow.  Just a heads up.. No blog tomorrow.. I know you all are sooo disappointed *laugh*


No comments:

Post a Comment