Sunday, February 22, 2015

February 22, 2015 I Seriously Know The BEST People!

My life is so blessed with such amazing and talented human beings!

This weekend has been an amazing weekend all around. But last night, I spent the evening celebrating Dan Costello's 40th birthday at his birthday concert. This man can croon!  He has a voice that will make any woman swoon and a sense of humor that will knock you off of your feet. And boy is he a cutie!  Then you pair him up with Ann McDonald (Frankly Frankie) and there is a dynamic duo to give Batman and Robin a run for their money!  Seriously.  Then I finished the weekend off with tonight's burlesque performance... but before I get there.....

Today started off with an amazing sleep in Sunday.  I had some fun dreams last night that woke me up feeling light hearted and rested.  With it being Sunday and a week since I have been grocery shopping (maybe even longer, since I don't think I made one meal last week), I NEEDED to make a menu and a shopping list and hit the grocery store.  I was feeling VERY uninspired. I am in a cooking rut, and I LOVE to cook and play in the kitchen. But I just have not been feeling it.   So I found 1 new recipe to try and the rest were just ol' standbys. Just as I was about to leave, all of the kids ended up in the kitchen and 2 of them were throwing grocery items at me to put on my list. Then Omi decided she wanted Chicken and Dumplin's for dinner. We have NEVER made this.  I told her it would have to wait till next week.  But we swapped out her favorite meal that was already on the menu and added the new dish. I had her look up a recipe on line and we added the items to our list.

With list in hand, we were off to the store.  It was crowded and crazy. Not my favorite place to be.  But we managed to get out of their pretty quickly and with only a few impulse buys.  I  mean, really, can you say "no" when a teenager asks for artichokes? Ya... I can't either!

Back at home, we quickly put stuff away and started on the new recipe.  It was her recipe, so we needed a weekend to do it. So today it was!  Together we worked on our Chicken and Dumplin's.  We made a sticky mess with the dough and I was not entirely certain they would come out okay.  When it was all said and done, the dumplin's came out well, but the dish itself was too bland.  I never cook with salt, and today I added salt. But it still wasnt' enough. *sigh*  Next time.....  

For not being inspired, we sure had a good time in the kitchen today!




Then it was off to burlesque. Tracy wanted some down time.  I wanted to go to cheer on my friend and Omi's voice instructor. It was her first actual burlesque type performance and I wanted to be here to cheer her on.  So I threw on some appropriate clothes and headed off alone.  I got there in time to get a table right up front and had some empty seats.  But they were not empty for long.  Some of my girlfriends joined me, and Leta joined us a soon as she was done!  Tonight's show was so inspirational.  All of the acts were inspired and amazing!  I laughed so hard.  I made plans with Brandi to meet up on Thursday to work on costuming.  Linda and I (with Brandi's help) came up with a brainchild of an idea for a duet together.  And Oh My!  It was so much fun! I am never alone when I am with my sparkle family!

Between Belly Dance and Burlesque, I am surrounded by some of the most creative people in Boise!  And I am extremely blessed!  The more I get to know these men and women, the bigger my heart grows and the more supported and loved I feel by my community.  It has been a very long time since I have felt like I belong somewhere, and the dancing community is making that happen!  Then add my running community, and I am not sure what else a woman can ask for!


No comments:

Post a Comment