Monday, February 23, 2015

February 23, 2015 Cooking In More Ways Than One.....

Today was a fun day.

I really miss running. Or to be more specific, I miss the body that running gave me. There is some thing to be said for the lean body that running gives.   I also miss the "high" I get from running.  However, I have been very hesitant to start actually running again. Between my cranky knee and my back surgery, I just tend to be very careful with my body right now.  I would like to go a whole year without injury or surgery. I don't think that is asking too much.

While Omi and I were walking our 1/2 marathon on Valentines day, there was a group of women ahead of us doing intervals with 30 second running and 45 second walking.  2 years ago when I was running, I was doing a 4 minute run with a 2 minute walk.  I certainly didn't start at that interval, but that is where I ended up.  My fastest marathon was under 6 1/2 hoursand my fastest 1/2 marathon was under 3 hours. I did pretty good for myself.   So today I did some research and found a couple of different options for interval training for our next half marathon.  I decided on running a 30/45 interval.  According to the site, it said it would give me a 15 minute mile pace.  Uhh.. ya.. not so much.  I walked went for 55 minutes in total (10 minutes warm up/cool down and 45 minute intervals).  The intervals alone should have gotten me 3 miles.  But by the time I was completely done, I wasn't even at 3 miles.  It was decided.  I walk faster than I run!  Knowing what I know, I will keep going with this interval training at 3 mile goal during the week.  I do not think my body can take the interval runs for the full half marathon yet.  But I do know that the interval training will help with the fat burning process as well as my bringing back my cardio endurance.  I will do this 2 or 3 times a week and keep the "long run" at a speed walk with Omi.  

Here's to new goals and getting things back on track!

After a beautiful run, I rested a bit before showering and getting into sparkly attire to practice my burlesque performance.  Body image is a funny thing.  One day you can look at yourself in the mirror and HATE everything you see.  "I'm too fat."  "Too many rolls."  "I have too many stretch marks and scars."  "I need high waisted panties cause the muffin top is too much."  "Too much cellulite."  Then the next day, you can put on the same clothes and see something completely different!  "I LOVE MY BODY!!!"  "DAMN I'M HOT!"  "I'M A SEXY BEAST!"   Seriously, its a crazy roller coaster!    Gratefully, today, I felt amazing in my costume!  Woohoo!!!!

I set up the mirrors in the living room and turned up the music!  I practiced several times.. the full thing and the just some spots.  Omi came in as I was finishing up one whole run through and she was all smiles.  That made me happy.  Then I performed the whole thing for her from beginning to end, and realized, I need to actually choreograph the 2nd half.  I can't just wing it and not write it down and memorize it. I need to count it out and write it down and do it properly.  I need to hit my marks.  I have my marks for the first half. But the 2nd half needs marks that definitely need to be hit.  I guess I will get that choreo done either tonight or tomorrow.

After I was done practicing I tried on some belly dance skirts with my pieces from my burlesque costume.  I can not wait to wear them for belly dance.  Holy Cow, I just felt so pretty today!  It made me so happy!

Then tonight was another new recipe.  I decided to make a spicy meatloaf from my Weight Watcher's cookbooks.  I doubled the recipe and changed a few things. Over all, I think it was pretty yummy and I have entirely too much left over!  *laugh*  Then it was steamed brussels sprouts and garlic mashed potatoes.  Over all, the dinner was very yummy!  I have never made brussels sprouts with just garlic powder, salt and pepper.  They were very yummy and they went perfect with the mashed potatoes.  Usually I have peas with potatoes.  I am happy with the switch, even if only 2 of us would eat them.

Over all, today was a pretty amazing day.  I felt like my old self again today.  It's nice to feel that :).


No comments:

Post a Comment