Tuesday, October 27, 2015

October 27, 2015 Darned Facebook Memories......

I think I have said something about Facebook memories before.  They are bitter sweet, or they can be.

Today I was looking through my memories because the image it showed first was an MRI image of my knee from back when I was fresh meat for roller derby.  I thought, "Wow!  That was a whole life time ago!"  So I went to look at the rest of my memories.

I noticed a couple of things...

1)  I always seem to be sick with a cold on this date (I woke up this morning with a stuffy nose and headache from hell).

2)  2 years ago today, Omi had her heart crushed by a boy she was "seeing" at the rollerdrome (and she just broke up with her most current boyfriend over the weekend.... something about this time of year, maybe?)

3) This time last year I was very excited for a concert.  My favorite band (Set It Off) was coming in November.. November 9th to be exact.  We had tickets.  Their new album was out and I was totally stoked!  Then I read the memory again... The concert was going to be on November 9th.  November 9th.  That was the last "normal" "happy" day this family had.  It was me, Omi, and Nate meeting several of Omi's friends at the venue.  We were all super excited.  We love this band and we love the young men in this band.   They always remember us when they see us (even when they see us out of context in a different state).  We had so much fun.  Omi got right up front at this concert and got to help Cody (the lead singer) crowd surf.  When they see us in the audience, they always sing to us and reach for our hands, and there is always an invitation to party after the concert (even though Naomi is under age).  We laughed, we danced, we fan-girled, and we visited with our favorite guys.  Little did we know, it would be the last day of normalcy.. the last day of innocence....

*sigh*  If we could only rewind time... and know what we know now.  What would we have done?  What would we have said?

I had lunch with my mom today.  We were talking about the 10th coming up.  And she shared her precious memories that she had of Nick as a baby, and then of Nick as a college student.  (He did, after all spend 12 of his 25 years living under the same roof as her.)  I loved hearing her memories....after his birth, the doctor put Nick in my arms arms before giving him to Tracy.....of Tracy holding and taking care of Nick right after he was born and I couldn't do anything....of taking Nick to the park behind her house...of having our big rotweiler pulling Nick in the wagon behind him...OF nick working hard as a college student and all of his friends who loved him.  It was sweet to hear.  I really hope Nick knew how much his "Momp" loved him.


No comments:

Post a Comment