Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Back Injury Update...going on 3 months....

Saw my favorite surgeon today!  I just love that man. I really do.  Aside from being brilliant he is fun to look at.

Anyway...He was none too please with the original back surgeon who did NOT put me on prescribed anti-inflamatories and just had me on over the counter stuff.  He was also NOT happy that he told me to do do noting and did not give me PT.

So, here's the new plan.  I start PT with Therapeutic Associates this Friday.  I also get to start ALL of my activities back up again.  I can run if I want.  I can belly dance and burlesque.  I can ride my bike. I can lift free weights and I can stand for hours on end at the Capitol building for Add the Words. I can even snowboard.  The idea.....do what I normally do and get PT and figure out if my daily life routines hurt.  If they continue to hurt by my next appointment on April 1st, then we talk surgery.

The type of disc injury I have currently is NOT the kind that will cause sciatica like I had the last time I had a ruptured disc.  However, it is also the kind that is possible to heal (which we have already heard) but it needs to be worked on.  If it does not heal on its own (with therapy) this kind of disc issue will cause moderate to severe back pain that can keep me from living my life the way I normally do.

So I guess this is good news.  I can at least get out and exercise and push myself and work up a sweat and get back to dancing!!!  Yay!!!  This makes me very happy. I need dance in my life!  I miss it terribly.  I also miss riding my bike and hitting the foothills and all of hose things I used to do.

Now if we can just get Tracy feeling better with his injury (that is still causing him major pain) and he has a cold to boot!  Poor guy. And if we could get the Idaho Legislature to give Add The Words a hearing, I would be ecstatic!!!!

Watch out belly dancing sisters.......I'm back in class tomorrow!!!  Bring it on!!!!!  I get to perform in April!  So stoked.  eeeks..that's a month away.  I gotta stop eating crap now!  *laugh*

No comments:

Post a Comment