Sunday, January 10, 2016

January 10, 2016 When you open the door to creativity........

Beautiful things happen!

So far this year's intention to open myself up to creativity and art has been a beautiful experience!  Getting back to walking labyrinths has really opened my heart to some beautiful learnings.  Exploring the different labyrinths around town has given me such an appreciation for the different styles of labyrinths (Classical, like the original found in Greece mythology, and Medieval like the one found in the Chartres Cathedral) and the materials they are created with (either in granite flooring or on grass with rocks to mark the path or with plans).   There are so many way to make a labyrinth.  I love the creativity, reflection, the lessons that can be found in each one....not just in walking them but in the creation of one as well.

Yesterday was such a beautiful winter day here in Boise.  It was 44 degrees and sunny outside.  It was the perfect day to find a labyrinth to walk.  I did some research and found one at the UU Church in Garden City.  The grounds of the UU church is beautiful here and since the place was empty it was nice and peaceful (even if I was actually trespassing (oops) ).  Hey!  At least I trespassed respectfully :).   Before I started walking the labyrinth, I took pictures.  Then I stood at the entrance an quieted my mind and set my intention, opened my heart and stepped over the threshold.    I am always amazed at the learnings I receive as I walk a labyrinth.  Seriously.  I mean, each time I do it, I open my heart and each time, I am gifted with a new piece of wisdom...yet each time I do this, just before I clear my heart and head and set my intention there are doubts... "Does this really work? Are there really answers to be found inside the walls of the labyrinth?"  And what I have found is that I need to be open to the lessons and not try to dictate the lessons I think I might want to hear.  In this life time, you don't always get what you want, but you always get what you need, and that is the truth of the labyrinth.

So yesterday as I walked with an open heart, this is what I learned....

"Walking the path of trials and tribulations can get muddy at times.  It can get messy and slippery and we must learn to walk diligently and with purpose....not letting our feet get stuck in he mud, w must travel on.. focused on our path and our journey.  Sometimes the foot prints left in the mud are a sign for hose that come behind us to also be mindful of where they place their attention.  And sometimes on our return journey it is a reminder of how far we have come.

Give thanks and be grateful for those slips int he mud for it is in that muck that we learn our deepest lessons."

 

 



After I walked the labyrinth, my brain was flooded with creative ideas.  I went to the store and bought some art supplies and came home and lost myself in drawing and playing.

Today, I woke up still feeling inspired.  I grabbed my son and our dogs and we went for a walk along the river.  I really wanted to take some artsy pictures, but he is not one for pictures and the dogs were not very patient.  *laugh*  But it was a fun day with "the boys".





Once we came home, I was having a conversation on Facebook with a friend about my reaction to watching A River Runs Through It.  It made me sad.  My friend said, "Sorry, I should have thought to warn you."  And my reply was.. "If life always came with warning signs we would never have a real emotion".  And she thanked me for reminding her.  Again, I think this little pearl of wisdom is a direct result of opening my heart to the creative flow of life.  So I decided to create a "meme" with the little quote.   Feel free to share it.  *laugh*





Here's to continuing the flow of creativity in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment